Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Crafts...

I am not a very crafty person.  Don't get me wrong, I like crafts, but I'm not great at creating them.  Plus, many times they are expensive if you have to purchase supplies for very many kids.  So, in order to be cost effective, I usually only do a craft on Sunday Morning (our biggest service) if it is a special event or project, or if I found one that was inexpensive and provided a needed way to enforce the day's lesson.

However, some children learn better by doing something like a craft or a project as opposed to simply listening or watching a lesson.  So, it is important that we find ways to include crafts in our lessons from time to time.  Below, you will find a few places where I have found inexpensive and fun ideas to use.

Hobby Lobby
Hobby Lobby has amazing sales.  If you know you are going to be needing a craft for an upcoming lesson, you may want to watch their ads.  If you download their free app, you will regularly get a 40% off coupon you can use if the item you need is not on sale.  I always do at least a few crafts around the holidays, and if I go there directly after those holidays I can get the next year's craft for very little money.  It's awesome!  

Dollar Tree
Dollar Tree stores have great craft supplies for very little money.  Things like decorative rocks, glass vases, tissue paper, craft sticks and more can generally be found there for $1.  It's a great place to restock your essential craft closet supplies.   

Oriental Trading 
I love this website!  It has all sorts of crafts (and prizes and decorations) for very little money.  It's a huge blessing for my budget.  As an added bonus, they are dependable in their shipping.  I know that generally I will get whatever I order in less than a week even if I don't pay for expedited shipping. 

 Pinterest 
I have lost count of the number of times that I have stopped at Pinterest and found just the craft or object lesson idea I needed!  Plus, often the people who are posting these ideas are also on a tight budget so generally you can easily find ideas that are easy on your wallet as well.

Those are a few of my favorite spots for craft ideas and supplies.  I'd love to hear where you've found  bargains. 

Until next week!  Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment