Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fabulous Websites

In Children's Ministry, there are always things to learn.  You can never know everything about working with children and learning from others in Children's Ministry is a great way to continue to grow.  Below are a few sites that I enjoy and I hope you find them as helpful as I do.

Imagine Family Ministries - This site, written by Rev. Jill Waltz, is simply choc full of awesome ideas to improve your ministry as well as helpful articles about current issues and events.  She also provides links to documents and lessons that you can download and use yourself. On a personal note,  I have known Jill for most of my life and she has long been a mentor of mine, so I can unequivocally say that she is a top notch Children's Pastor, unbelievably creative, and simply a fantastic person.  You will not regret adding this site to your list of favorites.

Kids Reaching Kids - If you are Nazarene (as I am), you will enjoy this set of missions themed handouts.  There are 6 themes and 4 sets of worksheets for each theme.  I love the worksheets, but without a direct link, the website is a bit difficult to get to, so you will want to make sure to keep it tagged as a favorite if you decide to use them.

Flame: Creative Children's Ministry - This is a blog that is full of all sorts of fun ideas from prayer stations to object lessons and more.  I have used it many times.

Ministry-To-Children - This site is full of printables that you can use as well as lesson ideas.  Everything is free on the site, making it an excellent resource for anyone with a tight budget.

Spaghetti Box Kids - This site is NOT a ministry site, but it has some really fun ideas for activities for kids.  I like to take activities that might not generally be used in ministry and make them usable.  For example, this site had some neat magnet games that I was able to use when we were talking about how the love of God "attracts" people to Him.

#kidmin Daily and Childrensministryblog.com Daily Journal are both great "papers" for lack of a better term.  Each come out every day and both are set up like a newspaper, but they are totally Children's Ministry oriented.  I enjoy both of them and they both have great articles that can enhance your ministry.

I could go on, but I'll stop there for now.  What's your favorite website for Children's Ministry?  I'd love to hear.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment